October 2, 2006

I worked for about an hour tonight to get the compressor running. The first step was to install a cord grip on the control box and then crimp ends on the cord. This control box contains a pressure switch and a contactor to switch the unit off and on.

Since the compressor has a noticeable vibration when running I decided to connect it with a rubber cord that connects to the wall outlet. This is a 20-amp device with the compressor pulling about 15 amps when running. I installed a nipple in the outlet port and a ball valve as the primary shut-off. With this I was able to switch the unit on to make sure it worked and was pleased to find that it runs fairly quietly. The next step will be to begin connecting the air lines and the dryer.

Current Project Page

Main Page

Next Page