The weather today could not have been any better for my work. It did warm up to the middle 80's but there was a nice breeze and I was able to stay in the shade most of the day. I began by cutting in a small vent on the west side that will provide some much needed make-up air to keep the shed from overheating. Then I began work on the overhead door. I used rough sawn cedar to build a jamb for the door then I started assembling the door. This is the door that we removed from the machine shed and it is aobut 8 years old. I stored it behind the new shop and the biggest project was cleaning the dirt off it.
The next project was to retrieve the steel door and jamb that had been the main entrance door for the old shop. This door is about 12 years old and needed some work to get it ready for installation. I had removed the door casing from it when I tore it out of the old shop and will make new casing out of cedar to finish it off. The final project was to construct a window frame and get it installed. We are using a new vinyl barn sash for the window and it is held in place temporarily until I get the frame stained.